Are Lab Diamonds a Good Investment? The Truth Explained
- Physically, Chemically, and Optically the Same 💍 - a genuine diamond gemstone made through cutting-edge technology;
- More Economical ✨ - gives you more brilliance for your buck;
- Ethical and Eco-conscious 🌏 - crafted without the labor and environmental concerns connected with mining
But, you're wondering if they also hold value like natural diamonds. Find out the answer below!
Diamonds as Investment 💎
As designers of Engagement Rings, Wedding Bands, and Fine Jewellery, we believe that lab diamond pieces are brilliant symbols of love. 💍💚 They hold the story to your lifetime commitment and possess immeasurable sentimental value. So you'll want to keep wearing your diamond jewellery and even pass it on for generations.
Firenze Pavé Lab Diamond with a 1ct D VVS2 Princess Cut
What if you want to sell it? Worldwide, diamond retail prices have increased since 1960. According to Statista, "[t]he cut, clarity, color, and carat (weight and size) are the so-called four 'Cs' that dictate a diamond's price."
In fact, the largest white diamond to go up for auction sold for over $21M boasts the following 4Cs as certified by GIA:
- Carat: 228.31
- Color: G
- Clarity: VS1
- Cut: Excellent
This proves that high-quality diamonds are more expensive but also hold better value in the long term. Keep in mind, as well, that apart from unique and larger stones, secondhand prices are lower compared to retail prices.
Do Lab Diamonds Hold the Same Value? 🤔
Azalea Lab Diamond with a 1ct E VVS2
Now, how about lab diamonds? Consistent with Earth-mined diamonds, the quality of the stone largely determines its price, says Statista.
"The lab-created diamonds most likely to compete with the natural diamond jewellery industry will be higher-priced diamonds built around successful brands or unique jewellery designs," says Jeweller Magazine.
Again, this shows that high-quality diamond pieces—whether lab-made or mined—are the ones that hold value. Buyers prefer high-quality diamonds in designer settings to wear and love for a lifetime.
What Truly Matters When Buying a Lab Diamond Piece 💍
- Cut, Carat, Clarity, and Color (4Cs) 💎 - As we've learned, a good quality diamond holds better value, regardless of how it is made. After all, rough diamonds are not rare—high-quality ones are.
- IGI Certification 🔎 - Being the global expert on lab-grown diamond grading, an IGI Report guarantees the authenticity of your jewel and adds to its value. It is an unbiased, expert opinion on the quality of your lab diamond piece.
- Beautiful Yet Timeless Setting 💍 - A classic designer setting adds a whole layer of elegance and luxury to a lab diamond stone. One-of-a-kind jewellery made by designer brands like Lucce fetches a higher resale price in the long term.
The World's Finest Lab Diamonds 🌏
Lucce only offers the best lab-grown diamonds that the world has to offer. Sourced all the way from Antwerp, Belgium, and certified internationally by IGI and GIA, we bring you the most exquisite jewels to represent your love.
- Color: Only G and above
- Clarity: VS1 or better
- Cut: Excellent to Ideal
- Fluorescence: None
Click HERE to browse our designer settings from the Roma Lab Diamond Collection. 💍