5 Tips to Get Her Ring Size For a Surprise Proposal
You may memorize your clothing sizes, but like most people, you won't think about your ring size until you need to buy a ring. Yet, it’s one of the most important details in getting an Engagement Ring for your partner.
The fact is, having an ill-fitting Engagement Ring can be a moment killer for you and your fiancée. You wouldn't want to have it resized after you surprise your fiancee with it. Announcing the big news and having no ring to show for it can be unfortunate as well. After all, the ring is in the spotlight after an engagement.
5 Helpful Tips to Get Her Ring Size
So, how do you secretly get her ring size? Here are our 5 helpful tips to help you size things up and still keep your proposal a secret.
1. Use Our Free Ring Sizer
Yes! We can send you a free ring sizer for your sizing convenience. It is easy to use and will accurately tell her ring size. Here are some creative ways to get her measurements using our Lucce ring sizer:
- If she's a heavy sleeper, you can ask her family or roommates to measure her ring size while she sleeps. Or if you catch her asleep, you can do it yourself. Just make sure to bring the ring sizer wherever you go.
- Pretend that you want to help a friend know their girlfriend's ring size. Mention that their fingers are pretty much like your partner's, et voila! You can also ask someone else to do this trick for you to avoid suspicion.
- Ask a friend to put on an act to sell jewelry, giving both of you promise rings as a gift. Your friend will then proceed to measure both of your left ring fingers. Make sure to remember your partner's ring size!
2. Measure Her Rings
If only it were this easy! If your fiancée-to-be wears a ring on her left ring finger, you can borrow it for a while (secretly, of course). If it’s a ring she rarely wears, it should be no problem to get it from her jewelry box and measure it using our Ring Match Guide.
If she wears it every day, you’ll need to be sneakier. She'll most likely remove it before:
- Swimming, taking a bath, cleaning
- Exercising, playing sports, doing outdoor activities
- Going to bed
These are the times when you or an accomplice can borrow it and measure her size.
3. Pass the Ring Around
Ask her married or engaged friends to pass around their rings for people to try on. They will observe which ring fits your fiancée-to-be and tell you about that ring's size. Plus points if they can also figure out your partner's taste in Engagement Rings!
4. Compare Your Fingers
This method is not the most accurate, but it's still a viable option. When holding her hand, subtly compare which of your fingers best matches her left ring finger. Take note of this and let your jeweler know so that they can help you find the best size for her Engagement Ring.
5. Just Ask Her
If you really can’t get her ring size after trying all these tips, then just ask. Although she may get a hint, it's only a small part of your surprise proposal. She still won't know the when, where, and how of your plan to ask for her hand in marriage.
Finally, if you'd rather make a wild guess than let her know, most women’s ring size is around 4.5, 5, or 5.5. Guessing is so risky, but if resizing is no big deal to you both, then go for it!
Ready to get her ring size? Click HERE to get your free Lucce Ring Sizer.