The Do's and Don'ts in Taking Care of Your Moissanite Ring
Moissanite is one of the most durable gemstones in the world, as it stands second only to diamond in terms of hardness (9.25 on the Mohs Scale). This, coupled with our use only of premium Moissanite from Charles and Colvard and Moissanite International, and you get heirloom-quality jewelry with outstanding brilliance and fire.
But, that doesn't mean that your precious ring is immune to damages or accidental loss.
Frequent knocks may scratch, chip, or even break even the hardest gemstone. Meanwhile, the prongs and settings may snag on clothing and linens, causing stones to come loose. So like every piece of fine jewelry, your Moissanite ring needs some proper TLC to maintain its unrivaled beauty.
Follow these Do's and Dont's from our jewelry experts and preserve your ring's shine and luster that you've admired since day one.
1. Be careful of accidental bumps and knocks. These mishaps may dislodge your Moissanite gem and cause dents or scratches.
2. Be mindful when your ring snags on your hair or on fabrics. These may also cause the precious stones to come loose.
3. Check your ring's prongs and settings regularly to ensure that your gemstones are secure. This is important to ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
4. Make it a habit to remove your jewelry before going to the shower. Shampoos and soaps can cause a buildup that can affect your ring's shine.
5. Clean your jewelry with a mix of mild dish soap and warm water. Scrub it with a soft brush, and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
1. Refrain from wearing your ring when doing any activity that might damage it. These include:
- Playing sports
2. Do not store it beside other jewelry pieces. When removing your ring for an extended period, place it in its original box to keep it safe and avoid potential scratches.
3. Avoid contact with makeup, hair products, lotion, and perfume since they may contain ingredients that can discolor your jewelry.
Make it a habit to follow these Do's and Don'ts to keep your Moissanite ring in pristine condition throughout the years. Like all fine jewelry, a bit of love and care goes a long way to maintain its beauty since the day you got it.