The Advantages of Having a Lab Diamond Certificate
When looking for a lab diamond Engagement Ring or Wedding Band, three things are of utmost importance: quality, authenticity, and meaning. A diamond certificate gives you these three pillars without a shadow of a doubt. But the question is, is it worth the extra price?
IGI and GIA: The World’s Best Diamond Graders 💎
Before discussing the pros and cons of getting a diamond certificate, let us first introduce the ones who make these in the first place. They are the finest lab diamond graders, IGI and GIA.
IGI was founded in 1975 in Belgium, the world's diamond capital. On the other hand, GIA started in 1931 in the USA. Both use the 4Cs of lab diamond grading—Cut, Carat, Color, and Clarity—to evaluate every brilliant jewel. Their decades of experience and continuous innovation make them the best in the world. Together, they offer the quality, authenticity, and meaning that make a lab diamond worthy of your forever piece.
Pros and Cons of a Lab Diamond Certificate 📄
- Quality ✨ - With a certificate, you can ensure that your lab diamond matches its advertised cut, carat, color, and clarity (4Cs)—no more, no less.
- Authenticity 🧐 - An IGI or GIA Certificate ensures that yours is a genuine lab-grown diamond—not any other gemstone.
- Meaning 💚 - By getting a certified lab diamond, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your gemstone is made ethically and sustainably.
- Price 💵 - Getting a diamond certified definitely costs extra. However, while one without a certificate may seem cheaper, there is a risk of getting an unknown gemstone from questionable sources. After all, only expertly trained gemologists can identify one jewel from the other.
- Certificates From Other Entities 🤔 - Aside from IGI and GIA, there are other laboratories who grade diamonds and create certificates. Unfortunately, not all labs employ the same standards in grading precious gemstones.
Putting it Together 💍
With every certificate comes a promise that the lab diamond you desire is precisely what you're getting. Is it essential? Think about the purpose of your brilliant piece. This Engagement Ring or Wedding Band will serve as the symbol of your affection. It represents your vow to have and to hold, to love and to cherish. As such, it deserves the finest lab diamond gemstone certified only by the world's best.